Tuesday 5 August 2014

Perfect Potato Wedges

You might think there's not too much to be said about potato wedges- just pop some potatoes in the oven and job done. Well, perhaps it's because I'm not a natural chip lover (I know, I know). Or maybe I just like making a mountain out of a molehill. Either way, it took me a while to perfect potato wedges- but it was definitely worth it...


Serves 2-3


2 large maris piper potatoes, unpeeled (approximately 300-400g, depending on appetite)- you can of course use other varieties, but I do find that maris pipers give the best results
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp plain flour
few grinds each of black pepper and rock salt
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or any other herbs/ spices you fancy- 1 tsp paprika is also good)


Preheat the oven to 210ÂșC


This is incredibly low effort. Mix together the flour, oil, seasoning and herbs. Cut the potatoes into wedges and stir through the oil mix to coat evenly. Tip into a large roasting tin. Cook for 35-45 minutes, tossing regularly. 


We like these with lemon and honey chicken, burgers and steak. Though not all at once of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment